tishke

tishke

Midnight's Warrior
Donna Grant
Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75)
Nalini Singh
Temporary Bride - Patricia Wilson From the cover:It was a terrible choice for her Yet Kit Landor was as implacable as his piercing blue eyes when he told Charlotte, "You'll marry me or Uncle Joe gets what's coming to him." Charlotte couldn't let her beloved uncle go to prison. Besides, Kit was too attractive for his own good, and Charlotte was not immune to his charms. But she wasn't going to let him have things all his own way. Why should she— especially when he really wanted the glamorous Veronica. "You don't really know me, Charley." Kit's quiet warning was alarming, "it's only a few weeks ago that we first met.""You don't know me, either, for that matter," she reminded him sharply, her face slowly flushing as he continued to stare at her: "Maybe you're going to regret this." It was really tricky to try to sound threatening when he was hovering above her like Nemesis, and the idea of being married to him, having to face him day after day, was quite alarming, to say the least. "Not me, Charley," he told her quietly. "I know exactly what I want." She just went on staring at him, uncertainty in her eyes. Her gaze was drawn to the firm lips even against her will. "it's nice to know that you don't find me utterly repulsive," he said softly, drawing her close as his head bent to hers.~~~~Sneaky, manipulative lead male but she is not a quiet English rose either. I adored the grand father and the house keeper.