tishke

tishke

Midnight's Warrior
Donna Grant
Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75)
Nalini Singh
Gold Ring Of Betrayal (Harlequin Presents, No 1917) - Michelle Reid 3.5 starsA highly emotional read. Do not read this book unless you want something really angsty. The biggest problem I have with this book is that the author made the lead male character and his father so unlikable that no reader with an ounce of self preservation and respect could bring themselves to accept the ending. It makes the readers question the unrealistic and what seems to be a forced happily ever after for the sake of writing a HEA book. I would have had more respect for the author if she took the unpopular route and allowed the lead female character walk away from these two very nasty men. She didn't look saintly, she looked stupid for forgiving them. I should also mention, in fiction I want to see antagonists pay dearly for what they did, since in real life they usually get to walk away unharmed. Also, I don't want to see the lead male character having had his share of liaison when he was the one at fault for breaking up due to what ever reason, unless the female character gets a chance of having the same sexually full filed life. I hate it when the authors write a born again virgin lead female characters waiting for the lead male character to come to his senses and give them a crumb of attention. it is basically freezing their life into nothing less and make us believe the female character is nothing unless the male character decide to come back to them. It makes the book very unrealistic and is an insult to all the women who fought for equality and same sexual freedom as men.